Adobe InDesign the industry-standard desktop publishing software program, used by magazines, newspapers, book publishers, ad agencies, and graphics design firms to create print and web content. For companies from all industries, InDesign is the tool of choice for in-house production, offering a great alternative to outsourcing their desktop publishing and design needs. InDesign is also used by many thousands of freelancers worldwide, and has one of New York’s most popular user groups. At the leading edge of design today, InDesign is being used to create next-generation interactive multimedia content for web and mobile, including e-books, e-zines and iPad content.
Technical Institute of America offers 2, two-day advanced class, taught by experienced instructors who are designers.
We offer 2 classes in Adobe InDesign as follows:
- Overview of the InDesign workspace and the programs capabilities
- How to plan a new project and set the proper foundation using Master Pages and Styles.
- The how-to and best practices for various types of print and web media, including books, magazines, newspapers newsletters and e-book / iPad content. Each has its own layout and image optimization requirements..
- How to add text and images to a document and make these elements flow around each other.
- How to format text using the Character panel and Paragraph panel, and all the typographic terms required to be conversant in these areas.
- How to work with the color and swatches panel and the color issues surrounding CMYK vs. RGB documents.
- How to organize a document into sections and chapters and how to jump text from one area to another (“continued on…continued from…”)
- How to create PDF and SWF files from your document.
- How to layout data inside of a table.
- How to implement multimedia and interactivity for digital documents.
- How to create a PDF and an EPUB document from you’re layouts.
- Use of multiple Master Pages with inheritance
- NEW for CS6: Mobile Device Layout:
- Advanced considerations of print CMYK vs. web RGB color management
- Integration with Photoshop and Illustrator
- NEW for CS6: Interactive Forms, use the new for CS6 PDF Form Tool.
- NEW for CS6: Populating your Form drop-down menus with external data
- Populating your Tables and other objects with external live data
- Advanced Character panel and Paragraph features
- Advanced project work: magazines newspaper design.
- Advanced Numbering and Sectioning
- Complex layout with multiple columns, sidebars, pullquotes and other objects.