Microsoft Access Training Course
New York City or Washington DC Area
Microsoft Access is a great database for small businesses or an excellent tool for data analysis in all businesses. The easy to use interface and feature pack, Microsoft Access is the industry leader in workgroup database software.
Our 2 day course is designed to teach users (either beginner or intermediate users) how to design, create, update, and maintain an access database. Our courseware was designed by expert users and instructors to match the real world scenarios.
Includes only the essential topics from level 1, 2, 3 and 4. Click here for the level 1-4 information.
Benefits of this course
- Covers Access 2007, 2010, 2013 and 2016..
- Small class
- 100% hands on training. Every student gets their own computer to follow along
- 2 Full day of training.
- Convenient location in Midtown Manhattan. 2 blocks from Penn Station.
- Expert instructor with more than 10 years of financial experience using and teaching Access.
- A free retake if needed
- Includes only the essential topics from level 1, 2 and 3.
- The course will include a customize manual with step by step directions and a certificate at the end, showing that you attended the class.
- Database design concepts.
- Different types of relationships.
- How to create tables and determining data types.
- How to relate tables.
- How to create different types of Queries and when best to use them.
- Different criteria to use in queries for data analysis and reporting purposes.
- Creating and customizing forms for data input.
- Creating and customizing reports.
- How to import and export Access data.
- How analyze data using Queries, Pivot tables and reports.
- Creating an access application using the switchboard, macro's and modules.
|Other Training Companies|
|Microsoft Learning Solutions Partners||(Non Authorized training)|
|Better Business Bureau Accredited Business.||(Not an Accredited Business. No assurance if they are a real company)|
|Ultra Fast 4/6-Core Desktops with 19'-24' monitors||(old outdated computers)|
|Easy Refund Policy. Cancel before the course starts and receive a refund the same day. Reschedule at any time with our no fee rescheduling policy.||(Most companies charged a cancellation fee of up to $400 and take more than 20 days to issue refunds. Please check before you sign up)|
|Flexible Schedule (Weekday, Evening, and Weekend).||(Just Weekday classes)|
|Instructor with real world Experience.||(Instructors with no real world Experience)|
|Live instructor-led training.|
|Great Location. A few blocks from Penn Station and Port Authority.||(Have to take additional trains and buses to get there)|
|American owned and operated company.||(Non-American company)|
|New York State Licensed Regulated School.||(Non-licensed illegal school)|
|One (1) free retakes of the course for up to six months.||(no retakes allowed)|
|Luxurious facilities.||(Poorly maintained spaces)|
Where is the school located?
New York City Location
545 8th Avenue, 4th Floor
New York, NY 10018
Click Here for Directions
Washington, DC / Virginia Location
1901 N. Fort Myer Drive, Suite 1020
Arlington, VA 22209
Click Here for Directions
Is this an online or a live classroom training?
This class is a live classroom training in New York City or Washington DC area.
Is this a hands on class, where everyone gets a computer?
Yes this is a 100% hands on class where all students gets their own computer to use throughout the class. You will not be sharing a computer with anyone.
Would I get a certificate after completing the class?
Yes you will get a certificate of completion at the end of the class.
Is the training manual included?
Yes the course fee includes a training manual.
Will this course prepare me to pass the MOS Certification?
Yes, this class will help you to prepare pass the Microsoft Office Specialist Exam.
Why is the tuition much lower than other schools?
Our tuition is much lower than other training providers because we have optimized our business processes to ensure quality training at a reasonable price. As a smaller school with lower overhead we are able to provide a great class and better value to our students.
What are your instructors like?
We only hire the best instructors. Our instructors are all Microsoft Certified Trainers. All instructors have over 10 years’ experience in the filed they teach and over 5 years of experience teaching Microsoft Office.
Why should I choose your training over other schools?
Choosing a training provider can be tough choice. We all claim to offer the best value, in terms of price and training quality. The Technical Institute of America offers the lowest price and teaches more Microsoft Office than any other school in New York City. As a New York State licensed school and Better Business Bureau Accredited business we can honestly say what we offer is the truth and you can verify it.
Do you ever cancel a class because you don’t have enough students?
No, we never cancel a class. If unforeseen circumstances arise such as bad weather, instructor health or family problems and we have to cancel a class, we will offer all students a 100% refund or reschedule to another class.
Lesson 1: Access Environment
- Examine Database Concepts
- Explore the User Interface
- Use an Existing Access Database
- Customize the Access Environment
- Obtain Help
Lesson 2: Designing a Database
- Describe the Relational Database Design Process
- Define Database Purpose
- Review Existing Data
- Determine Fields
- Group Fields into Tables
- Normalize Data
- Designate Primary and Foreign Keys
- Determine Table Relationships
Lesson 3: Building a Database
- Create a New Database
- Create a Table
- Manage Tables
- Create a Table Relationship
- Save a Database as a Previous Version
Lesson 4: Managing Data in a Table
- Modify Table Data
- Sort Records
- Work with Subdatasheets
- Lesson 5: Querying a Database
Lesson 5: Filter Records
- Create a Query
- Add Criteria to a Query
- Add a Calculated Field to a Query
- Perform Calculations on a Record Grouping
Lesson 6: Designing Forms
- View Data Using an Access Form
- Create a Form
- Modify the Design of a Form
Lesson 7: Generating Reports
- View an Access Report
- Create a Report
- Add a Custom Calculated Field to a Report
- Format the Controls in a Report
- Apply an AutoFormat Style to a Report
- Prepare a Report for Print
Lesson 8: Creating Flexible Queries
- Set Select Query Properties
- Create Parameter Queries
- Create Action Queries
Lesson 9: Improving Forms
- Design a Form Layout
- Enhance the Appearance of a Form
- Restrict Data Entry in Forms
- Add a Command Button to a Form
- Create a Subform
- Display a Calendar on a Form
- Organize Information with Tab Pages
- Display a Summary of Data in a Form
Lesson 10: Customizing Reports
- Organize Report Information
- Format the Report
- Set Report Control Properties
- Control Report Pagination
- Summarize Report Information
- Add a Subreport to an Existing Report
- Create a Mailing Label Report
- Include a Chart in a Report
- Print Data in Columns
- Create a Report Snapshot
Lesson 11: Sharing Data Across Applications
- Import Data into Access
- Export Data
- Analyze Access Data in Excel
- Export Data to a Text File
- Merge Access Data with a Word Document
Lesson 12: Structuring Existing Data
- Analyze Tables
- Create a Junction Table
- Improve Table Structure
Lesson 13: Writing Advanced Queries
- Create Subqueries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
- Group and Summarize Records Using Criteria
- Create a PivotTable and a PivotChart
Lesson 14: Simplifying Tasks with Macros
- Create a Macro
- Attach a Macro
Lesson 15: Managing Switchboards
- Create a Database Switchboard
- Modify a Database Switchboard
- Set the Startup Options
Lesson 16: Distributing and Securing Databases
- Split a Database
- Implement Security
- Set Passwords
Sale ends Oct 28, 2016
"A very good class. I absolutely came away feeling comfortable with the program."
"Instructor was extremely knowledgeable and a pleasure to work with!"
"Instructor was very friendly and thorough. He is very good and helped me tremendously"